Department: Account Services
Reports to: Account Services Manager
The Account Planner is responsible for providing relevant and imaginative insights to lay the foundation for the development of creative ideas and campaigns. He/She is responsible for drafting, prep work and executing elements of the account planning process. Job duties include conducting qualitative and quantitative research, competitive audits, analysis, planning, writing and uncovering insights and developing strategies that articulate and position brands, launch new programs and guide creative expression.
The Account Planner leads client discovery sessions and interviews, collaborates and conducts focus groups and is responsible for developing brand position models that delivers insights and findings that drive creative excellence. The Account Planner works in collaboration with account management and creative to lead brand strategy initiatives and ensure integration with collective marketing and interactive efforts.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research and analyze databases to produce useful insights, valuable information and clearly identify consumers, competitors, brands, trends, motivators, behaviors and markets in which our clients operate.
- Clarify the client’s advertising objectives and promote a culture of knowledge and understanding of business, markets and consumers of our clients.
- Recognize and extract critical indicators from large and complex data sets and be able to interpret and express those indicators in a business context.
- Conceptualize and develop brand strategies, campaigns and new business pitches according to market conditions and client demands.
- Work with the creative director in establishing the style/tone of communication for the brand or campaign based on research findings.
- Interpret primary/secondary research and analytical findings and explain the strategic marketing implications.
- Establish criteria to evaluate and direct the creative work and the effectiveness of campaigns in order to maintain the quality of data analysis, research output and reporting.
- Leads and participates in strategy development initiatives for clients and new business.
- Presents research/strategy findings in client and new business meetings.
- Works with the account executive to effectively craft creative briefs and brief creative staff followed by the development of Integrated Marketing and Communications plans.
- Designs and develops research plans and determines best methodology for each project.
- Designs and monitors the design of questionnaires and discussion guides.
- Moderates focus groups, analyzes data and develops implications and recommendations.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to client business.
- Analyzes data to uncover patterns and themes that lead to key insights.
- Creates brand positions, messaging and expression.
- Identifies research and strategy engagements for existing and new clients.
- Works with account executive to determine appropriate and achievable deadlines for projects.
- Assists in planning, obtaining and executing appropriate research tools and programs.
- Compiles transcripts and helps analyze and develop themes of primary research.
- Collects research project input and prepares project and tabulation specifications.
- Collaborates with client-focused teams.
- Monitors cultural and social trends that affect a client’s business.
- Assists in developing research methodology.
- Performs other duties and projects as needed.
- Three plus (3+) years of strategy experience in a consulting, agency environment or relevant experience in understanding data analysis and research functions.
- Bachelors in Marketing, Advertising, Industrial Psychology or related field (Master’s encouraged).
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Strong team player that loves to bring new ideas to the table and help foster a culture of collaboration.
- Resilient and flexible to ever-changing timelines, requests and deliverables.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, on multiple complex assignments.
- Proactive about ways to maximize the client’s impact within their budget.
- Have strong work ethic, persistence and tenacity.
- Strong organizational, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and dynamic presentation skills.
- The desire to do creative excellence.
- Travel required as needed.