Senior Account Executive
Department: Account Services
Reports to: Account Director
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is a senior role within the account services department, and is responsible for overseeing all account service activity, as well as being the daily point of contact between the agency and top-level clients.
The SAE insures the agency’s clients receive appropriate and professional counsel and service from the account services staff, resulting in accounts stability, increased business and profit for the agency. The SAE advises, counsels and mentors Account Executives in fielding any client concerns that arise and works with the Account Executives and client to find the best solution.
This person interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes coordinating with the media buyer, the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the public relations director concerning publicity, the production manager concerning scheduling and timing, and other account executives as needed for client support. The SAE has input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the SAE is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis. The SAE is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients, but is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person. The SAE will not be asked to cold canvas for new business.
- Handles day-to-day activities for agency’s top-level clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients with account manager/supervisor or agency staff as assigned.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from current clients.
- Involves Vice President in event of potential problems, i.e., client or agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Advises and counsels account executives as needed with client-related situations; works with account executive and client to resolve problem with best solution.
- Holds regular internal account service department meetings to ensure harmony, productivity and high client satisfaction.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- All other duties as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Analytical, decision-making and project management skills
- Ability to develop lasting professional relationships with clients
- Strong speaking skills
- Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years Account Executive experience in an agency setting is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 6–8 years related experience in agency setting is required.
- Must possess exceptional computer skills and be a strong conceptual thinker.