Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Digital Marketing Director
The Digital Marketing Specialist works closely with the Brand Strategists, Web Project Manager, and Digital Director to assist with client social media management, reputation management, influencer marketing, email marketing and content marketing. This role helps coordinate and execute specific projects or tasks. The Digital Marketing Manager works with the Digital & Web Department and/or the Account Executives to plan, execute and measure digital efforts including social media management, social media advertising, reputation management, influencer marketing, email marketing and content marketing.
- Handles day-to-day social media account activity by monitoring, replying, engaging and posting on social media platforms on behalf of the client
- Attends and assists Account Executives, Project Manager and Digital Marketing Manager with client meetings to establish digital marketing goals
- Develops unique strategies and builds upon current client strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives
- Handles day-to-day reputation management activity by monitoring, replying to, and escalating reviews.
- Prepares and presents Social Media, Reputation Management, Email Marketing, Influencer Marketing and Content Marketing reports as needed
- Content creation/SEO writing
- Keeps apprised of trends, best practices, and industry standards
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Sprout, WordPress, Instagram, and
- other social media platforms
- Create and develop HTML newsletters and emails
- Work with Client/AE to develop email, social media, content marketing and influencer marketing campaigns, and then monitors and optimize campaigns
- Work with AE to establish strategy and demographics for Social Media Advertising,
- monitor and optimize campaigns
- Executes projects to be high quality, on time and cost-effective/on budget
- Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines are met
- Manages overall project scope and ensures staffing assumptions adhere to the budget
- Develops strong, trusting relationships with clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution
- Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Flexible, adaptable and diplomatic
- All other duties as needed
Minimum Requirements – Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of experience or AA with 5 years’ equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of previous experience in digital marketing
- The ability to work independently and with teams, being able to meet deadlines and to operate various levels of supervision.
- Deep understanding of email marketing, social media, influencer marketing, SEO content creation and reputation management best practices.
- Previous use of digital tools such as SEMRush, Sprout, Emma, Google Analytics, MozLocal, etc.
- Previous experience managing advertising budgets as well as strategizing, implementing and monitoring social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices as well as knowledge of strategizing, implementing and monitoring email campaigns
- Excellent content writer with knowledge of social media content creation, email marketing creation and SEO content creation.
- Ability to adapt content voice to each client ranging in industries from legal services to retail ecommerce.
- The ability to use discretion, independent judgment and responsibility to carry out
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high level of professionalism and ethics.
- The ability to work well with other co-workers to promote and maintain a positive work environment.
- Passion for the Interactive industry.
- Experience in formulating and driving long-term strategic account plans, marketing strategies, and campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to react quickly to assess and implement solutions.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to think on his/her feet during presentations, explain in simple terms complex or technical information to non-technical people and persuasively sell ideas.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.