Human Resources Director
Department: Internal Operations
The Human Resources Director is responsible for establishing and managing all matters and programs related to employee policies and procedures. The HRD will be involved in the entire scope of managing the employer-employee relationship, including benefit administration, performance appraisal facilitation and guidance concerning disciplinary actions. The HR Director also oversees internal committees, employees’ paid time off, employee development opportunities, office organization and company account management.
HR and Staffing Responsibilities:
- Assists in administration of compensation program; helps to monitor performance appraisal process.
- Participates in benefits administration to include health insurance, retirement plan, claims resolution and change reporting.
- Participates in recruitment effort for new employees; manages interview process; conducts reference checks. This includes outbound searches through LinkedIn and job boards.
- Participates in recruitment effort for interns and coordinates scheduling according to availability.
- Conducts new employee orientation; ensures employee handbook is always up-to-date; oversees all required documents are signed and appropriately filed.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures.
- Assists in exit interview process.
- Assists in coordinating employee development training and efforts.
- Participates and manages internal planning committees and special office events.
- Directs implementation of policies, programs, and procedures.
- Advises management and employees on HR questions or problems.
- Manages compensation, benefits, staffing, affirmative action, employee health and safety, and training/development functions.
- Writes, maintains and distributes employee policy manuals; responsible for keeping all policy manual content up to date with regard to changes in laws/regulations, and notifying employees of all such changes or alterations to agency policies.
- Develops policies and procedures, in conjunction with agency legal advisor, for review of employee discrimination or harassment charges to guide the employee arbitration committee.
- Invetigates all employee concerns including those of EEO- related allegations and provides the business recommendations as needed.
- Serves as advisor in employee conflicts and disputes.
- Compiles statistical information or prepares reports relating to payroll, recruiting, position classification, compensation, training, equal opportunity employment, or affirmative action, utilizing human resources systems.
- Assists with human resources system network maintenance, and system security.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Maintains organizational efficiency by upholding tasks such as the purchase and maintenance of equipment/furniture, supply orders, archiving, and the management of IT equipment, budgets, and software logs.
- Establishes and oversees agency records maintenance procedures to ensure all business operations information is correct and readily available.
- Ensures maintenance of a clean, healthy office environment for all personnel, and maintains an attractive office appearance for visitors and clients.
- Works with the office accountant to review and authorize employee requests for reimbursement according to company policy.
Education and Work Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in HR and staffing
- PHR or SPHR strongly preferred
- Experience in an office or organization with 50+ people