Department: Account Services
Reports to: Account Services Director
Manage, from coordination to completion, all client campaigns through the project lifecycle. Responsibilities include scoping projects and timelines, creating estimates, as well as managing budgets and work-back schedules. Facilitate consistent communication between the agency’s Creative, Digital, Project Management and Brand Management teams, assuring the on-time delivery of all client campaigns to ensure they remain on-budget, on-time and on-quality (tactical).
The Project Manager works closely with vendors/contractors assigned to their campaigns, managing them within scope and budget, as well as ensuring their elements are executed on-quality (tactical) and on-time in support of the overarching campaign deliverables. An effective problem solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities to realize efficiencies and minimize scope creep and budget waste.
Project Lifecycle Management
- Leads Project kickoff, presenting key deliverables, initial Spec Sheets, timelines + budgets
- Monitors project budgets + schedules daily
- Catches project scope creep
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing all parties of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise
- Manages + updates project work-back schedules
- Identifies and proactively resolves any deliverables that might fall behind schedule
- Manages tactical quality of all client partner deliverables (specs)
- Ensures smooth handoff of deliverables from Creative Services and Digital Services
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of project(s) from estimation through launch and maintenance
- Manages project transactions (reviews and adjusts) on a weekly basis
- Manages all projects on-quality (tactical), on-time and on-budget
- Schedules, facilitates and circulates notes and action items for internal check in meetings
- Responsible for gathering project assets prior to the start of a project
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of server files/ folders
- Facilitates estimate development and confirmation of vendor(s) selection and final production schedules for print and production work
- Ensures hand off of print/production ready files to vendor(s) for production, with Print Production manager when needed
- Ensures all project outside costs are accurately represented in WMJ
- Works with Brand manager to ensure all project outside costs are accurately coded and represented in internal billing systems
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Advanced project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of studio/graphic arts and creative workflow processes.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with digital development and production processes and techniques (web, mobile, social, etc.)